Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In: 10/31/12

Happy Halloween!

It is probably very fitting that a weigh in Wednesday lands on Halloween. I have a serious problem when it comes to junk food. I am not an everything goodies binger, I specialize in the cakes, chocolate, peanut butter categories.

In Halloweens past the kids already know my Candy Tax is peanut butter cups and butterfingers with everything else optional if they do not like it. Terrible I know lol

But I just don't stop there, musketeers, snickers, etc. "Once I pop I can't stop"..Seriously. It is very maddening to feel out of control around this type of candy and Do not let me get started on donuts/cake categories.

So whats the plan, got a few things going. First and most important I understand that if I pop 0, 1 or 25 over the next week it was a choice. Even though I "feel" like I do not have control over it that is a lie I tell my self to self indulge. 2nd is I need to remind myself daily that I love myself and I love myself more then what I want to eat. 3rd thing is I have November challenges!

So with all that said, lets get to this weeks weigh in.

I am down a smidgen in ounces and a smidgen on my waist. Next week I do my monthly photos and whole body measurements. I am looking forward to that (another reminder to use to say no to the goodies this week)

I have been playing teeter totter with the scale last few weeks and I believe my body is telling me I am good to move forward and do a little more. Since the Warrior Dash I feel extremely confident mentally and physically I can do more.

I have a challenges for 3 areas, Spiritually, Physically and Mentally.

1. imom 30 day challenge. Everyday you are challenged in your growth as a mother by doing or saying something for your child. I will spend time in devotion while doing this. This will be especially challenging for me as I have 5 kids. So everyday each challenge I have to do 5 times. My children's hearts are very important to me and with this busy time a year I want to stay grounded and focused on what is most important.

2. Jillians 30 day shred. I already watched the DVD to see what I am in for. I am a little concerned about the up and down portion. As at my size its not the most easy or fun thing to do. But then again staying this size is not either. If I make it the whole 30 days I get to renew my body bug subscription. If I make 20+ days I get to buy a new pair of brooks.

3. Journal - Yes I have my blog but I can not always jump on blogger to post something at the time, then when I do have time I cannot recall what I wanted to say as good as it was at the time or it now seems irrelevant. I plan to do two things with my journal. journal about my day and log my food.

I am interested to see what this does for me at the end of the 30 days. I hope that these challenges will keep me motivated and encouraged through this time of the year when busyness and stress can take over, which for me spells BINGE. Will also be increasing yoga to 2 times a week. They started Yoga OM in the park here and go on Friday. Super Excited.

Learning to be
proactive  (prəʊˈæktɪv) 
 
— adj
1.tending to initiate change rather than reacting to events.....From the Inside Out.



No comments:

Post a Comment