Sunday, December 2, 2012

Decembers Goals/Challenges

Like to recap November before I move onto December. I had some challenges for the month of November. The first time I tried something like this. The point was to step things up a bit and increase my activity and to also challenge myself.

One of the challenges was to do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I can tell you that I was able to do 1 day! yep that's right, 1 day. I was in more pain for 3 days then I was after the warrior dash LOL

The journaling went well the first 1-2 weeks. This I know will take time and I will continue to work on it. i always feel like i have too much to say when I sit and write and not enough time to do it. I think I can do it later. Funny how that rolls over to other areas of our lives too. I said to my teen the other day, " you know, with you it is always tomorrow, tomorrow , tomorrow, yet tomorrow never comes. You only have today!

Great advice mom, you should take it.. (I thought to myself) :D

I did learn from the experience and did learn something about myself. The type of workout the 30 day shred is, is not for me, not in a solo environment anyways. I would love that type of workout in a group. At this stage I am not the compete against myself type. I found that I am more motivated competing against others or participating in a group setting with that type of workout.

So after a little bit of experience in setting goals/challenges one time for a month I am going to try again for December. I can only get better right?!


I finished getting up my facebook page The Pebble Path up and running. I found new friends and joined some groups that have challenges going on. This is more up my alley.

I personally want to see that I participate in some form of activity 20-60 minutes a day for everyday of December. Participating in these challenges will help with that. Everyday I do one plank, 1 wall sit, and a yoga pose and I post my results/photo accordingly in each group.

My weekly goals focus again on getting my thoughts on paper and tracking my food and activity. 
I struggle with self hate issues, so I put something in there to find 1 or more person encourage and to physical post an Operation Beautiful post it when I am out and about. (you can click on the link to see what that is)

I have learned the best medicine for getting out of yourself is to encourage or be in service to others.

The best thing about November I do have to say was, I was busy living life :) spending time with friends, family, the husband, the kids, hobbies and my home. I may have not came close to meeting Novembers goals, but I have no regrets for November. I did not backslide, struggle with depression etc. I was more then just busy, I was productive. 

Looking forward to December From the Inside Out...

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Saw you popped over onto my facebook page and wanted you to know I'm popping over to say hi! I love your goals that you have set up! You are going to do great this December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: This is Stephanie from Crayonmarksandtigerstripes.com !

      Delete
    2. Thanks Stephanie :) love your blog name. I am working on my mommy one too. Lip Gloss and Stinky Feet, I will let you know when it is up. Look forward to visiting your blog and thanks for coming over :)

      Delete